Thursday, November 15, 2007

Colin's Fat Lip

Tuesday night Colin and I were playing at home having a great time waiting for Daddy to get home from work. Like most accidents things happened so quickly. The phone range, I saw it was Auntie Stacy, I went to hand Colin the phone and at the same time he tripped over his feet and down he went flat on his face with no time to put his hands out to keep him from falling flat on this face. I immediately picked him up and he buried his face into me. I was not expecting what I saw next as he threw his head back. BLOOD!! For those who know me, blood is not something I am good with, but I am trying to get better at not freaking out the minute I see it. I know that if Colin is anything like his Daddy, there will be many days ahead that accidents will require stitches. So I tried to stay calm, ran him into the bathroom (and at this time I have a white shirt on that is now blotchy red) and washed up his lips all the while he is crying the most painful cry ever. After cleaning him up I realized it really wasn't all that bad. By the time Scott got home about 10 minutes later his lip was huge! Of course he didn't want me to put ice on it so the best I could do was give him a sippy cup of cold milk. All night he kept saying "Kiss it" and sticking his lip out. It must have felt very funny to him because he kept putting his fingers in his mouth.

Well, I lived through it and so did Colin. I guess these little accidents are just preparing me for the bigger ones ahead some day!

Here are a few pictures I took right after it happened.




1 comment:

Libby Design said...

Poor Colin! I hate when those kinds of accidents happen. Carson and Peyton head butted each other a couple of nights ago as they both tried to bend over and pick up the same toy. It was hard not to laugh when it first happened, but then Carson's eye started to get puffy and I realized they'd actually bonked heads pretty hard. So we had a night of crying babies and lots of Elmo's World. The next day Peyton kept coming up to me and saying "Bonk" and smacking herself on the head...must not have been too traumatic of an experience I guess. :)