Friday, February 13, 2009

The Latest with the Geach's

Hope everyone is enjoying this warm weather! I am, but my boys sure aren't. It's put a quick halt on any snowmobiling for now. Colin keeps asking "Why does the snow have to leave Mommy? I want it to come back." Secretly, I could live without, but for them hopefully we will have some more snow soon so they can get a little snowmobiling in before spring.

I haven't posted in a while because life has been a little busy. Nothing specific, just the regular day to day activities. So, here is a quick look at what has been going on since mid January.

A few weeks ago we officially moved Colin into his big boy bed. Tears from mom, but he loves it. My little boy is once again showing me how big he is getting each day. He has done wonderful in it. He doesn't get out until he calls for us to come get him which is great. And for the most part has been sleeping through the night. A few nights he has woke up with a scared cry, I think he was just confused as to where he was. His room is no where near done, but that's ok. We moved him into what was the toy room and have left the nursery as is for now. Next Friday is painting day and Nanny is working on a quilt for him. So hopefully by his birthday we will have a completed room for him. Here is a picture of him from the first night. We started with the matress on the floor and are now ready to add the box spring and frame this weekend. I'll post more pictures once his baseball room is done.

He looked so big in his crib, and now he looks so little in his bed!

Next was Papa's (my dad) 60th birthday. We celebrated with going out to dinner and Colin enjoying Papa's ice cream sundae. We had a nice celebration with my parents.




The last weekend in January we made another trip to Hurley to snowmobile and see Jason, Melissa and Brian. Colin went on his first long ride with us on the sled. For the most part he did really well. We were gone for about 2 hours. It was fun to finally have a family ride with all of us! We had so much fun being with Brian (of course!)! He just keeps getting cuter each time we see him. It is so fun to watch Colin and Brian together. Brian follows Colin's voice and is always watching him and Colin just loves his cousin. He is so cute when he is playing and talking with him. Melissa and I can't wait for the days when the boys are running around together. Here are the boys together. Surprising, but I didn't really take many pictures that weekend!


That's all for now. We are heading up to the cabin this weekend with my parents. Wishing there was some snow to play around in, but we'll have to see.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

No comments: