Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Day at Preschool

Colin is at his first day of preschool today. I dropped him off at 9:00 this morning and he'll be there until 12:00. He was so excited. He asked last night before bed if this was his last sleep before he could go to school in the morning. The preschool he will be attending this fall had a few days this summer that the kids could go and spend the morning playing, doing a craft and having lunch, so today was his day. When I said good-bye to him he could have cared less that I was leaving. I think Mommy was the only one sad about leaving. I still can't believe my little boy is old enough for preschool. I was so proud of him for being such a big boy and just heading right into the classroom to play with the other kids. I can't wait to go get him soon and hear all about it. He was so excited to bring his lunch to school. I think the only disappointment was last night at dinner when he said how excited he was to ride the school bus and we had to tell him that he wouldn't be riding a school bus for a few years.

Here are a few pictures I took of him before we left.


1 comment:

Libby Design said...

Our kids had a blast - hope Colin did, too. Carson told me at bedtime right before he fell asleep, "Oh no, Mom! We forgot to pray before we ate our ice cream cones at school!!!!". Major crisis. :D It is hard to believe how fast the time goes...just think, before we know it the boys will be GRADUATING from high school. Scary.